Add the compact and lightweight second-generation Sennheiser MKE 400 directional shotgun microphone to your camera- or smartphone-based shooting rig to make an easy upgrade in sound quality, even in noisy environments, without having to carry around a cumbersome windscreen and suspension system. Plus, it offers a 3-stage gain control and a low-cut filter so you can optimize the sound of your recording right at the mic.
Thanks to its integral wind protection, built-in shock absorption, long battery life, and headphone monitoring port, the MKE 400 is a truly capable solution for capturing clear audio—a perfect companion for vloggers, run-and-gun videographers, and mobile journalists who need a quality camera-mount mic that will never get in the way of the shot.
To ensure that you’re prepared for any shoot, the MKE 400 includes two locking 3.5mm audio cables—one features a standard TRS plug for compatibility with cameras and DSLRs, while the other utilizes a TRRS plug to connect with your smartphone or tablet. Plus, the supplied furry windshield can be slipped over the MKE 400 to provide increased protection from wind noise when shooting in outdoor environments.
- Swappable 3.5mm TRS and TRRS output cables
- 3.5mm headphone port with volume control
- 3-stage gain control (the original MKE 400 had two gain positions)
- Auto-power function
- Integrated wind protection
- Furry windshield included for outdoor wind protection
- Compatible with Sennheiser’s CL 35 USB-C cable (available separately) for direct digital connection to a mobile device’s USB Type-C port
Compact and Lightweight
Highly Directional Sound Pickup
The MKE 400’s 3.5mm output port can be connected to a range of devices using the two supplied coiled cables, each featuring a locking 3.5mm TRS plug on one end that prevents accidental disconnection at the mic.
One cable is terminated with a standard 3.5mm TRS plug for compatible hookup to your camera, DSLR, or portable handheld audio recorder, while the other cable has a 3.5mm TRRS plug to allow direct connection to mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.
Headphone Monitoring Port
Long Battery Life
Internal Suspension Mount Minimizes Handling Noise
Built-In Wind Protection Minimizes Wind Noise
In the Box
- Sennheiser MKE 400 Camera-Mount Shotgun Microphone (2nd Generation)
- Sennheiser CL 35 TRS Locking 3.5mm TRS to 3.5mm TRS Coiled Cable
- Sennheiser CL 35 TRRS Locking 3.5mm TRS to 3.5mm TRRS Coiled Cable
- Sennheiser MZH 400 Furry Windshield for MKE 400
- Drawstring Pouch
- Limited 2-Year Manufacturer Warranty