The highly flexible Zoom LiveTrak L-20R 20-Channel Digital Mixer is a 20-input digital mixer and multi-track recorder well suited for live performances, studio recording, band rehearsals, podcasts, and more. Eschewing the faders of the similar L-20 without sacrificing much else, the L-20R is both portable and rack-mountable, even supplying rack ears for mounting the mixer in your rack case. Also, the L-20R sports iPad control. The FOH engineer and up to six musicians can control their own discrete monitor mix over iPads, changing levels, EQ, channel effects, and more.
The mixer features 16 mono channels, each with combo mic/line XLR-1/4″ inputs with high gain, low-noise microphone preamps, a one-knob compressor knob, and +48V phantom power. Channels 1-2 also offer Hi-Z inputs for connecting guitars and basses. Two stereo inputs offer dual 1/4″ and RCA inputs. All channels work with the on-board channel strip, which provides a low-cut filter, a 3-band EQ, a pan control, and two send FX for sending signals to the 20 built-in high-quality effects processor.
The LiveTrak L-20R features balanced XLR main outputs, while the six monitor outputs utilize balanced TRS 1/4″ connectors, each with the ability to set-up customized mixes. Simply connect your headphones or a stage monitor and adjust the levels to taste. Furthermore, by connecting remotely over iOS devices, musicians can adjust their own monitor mixes on stage.
The built-in SD recorder can simultaneously record every channel and the master fader stereo signal output for a total of 22 tracks at resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz. Files can easily be copied to a computer and used in a DAW. The L-20R can also function as a 22-in/4-out USB audio interface, allowing you to record directly to your favorite software DAW or to iOS devices. The Zoom LiveTrak L-20R ships with a power cord a BTA-1 Bluetooth cable to connect your master iPad (other iPads connect to the master via Wi-Fi).
Key Features at a Glance
- 20 discrete channels (16 mono plus 2 stereo) with XLR or 1/4″ connectivity
- 22-track simultaneous recording, 20-track playback
- 22-in/4-out USB audio interface connectivity
- Footswitch input for optional footswitches
- Records up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio to SD card
- Built-in compression control (Channels 1-16)
- Main XLR outputs
- 6 customizable monitor outputs
- Dedicated headphone output for sound engineer
- Scene saving function (up to 9 scenes saved at a time)
- 20 built-in effects
- Compatible with Remote Mixer app for iPad
- Encoder knob and backlit LCD screen
- FOH enginer and up to six musicians can control their own monitor mix over USB
In the Box
- Zoom LiveTrak L-20R 20-Channel Digital Mixer-Recorder for Stage Use
- BTA-1 Bluetooth Adapter
- AD-19 AC Adapter
- Rack Ears
- Limited 1-Year Manufacturer Warranty