Offering numerous upgrades over its predecessor, the DJI Pocket 2 Gimbal adds a 1/1.7″ 64MP CMOS sensor, up to 8x zoom, a 93° angle of view, and four directional stereo microphones with DJI Matrix Stereo audio zoom, utilizing its lightweight, ultra-compact 3-axis gimbal stabilizer and 4K camera combination. New software enhancements have also been added, including an updated ActiveTrack 3.0, built-in glamour effects, an AI editor, Hybrid AF 2.0, and motion-lapse. It’s got everything you need for a high-resolution mobile production to create family videos, add footage to your photo shoots, or vlog your latest streaming creations with smooth motion video.
Weighing just over four ounces, this all-in-one unit features a 3-axis gimbal stabilizer for smooth movement and easy pan-and-tilt control. The Pocket 2 incorporates a 1/1.7″ sensor and a wide 20mm, 93° angle-of-view lens to record up to cinematic 4K60 video at 100 Mb/s and 64MP still photos onto a microSD card up to 256GB in capacity. The four microphones allow you to capture enhanced stereo audio, and they feature noise reduction and a zoom function that follows the zoom of your camera to capture enhanced audio in a tighter shot. The camera can utilize 8x zoom for stills, 4x zoom for 1080p video and audio, 3x zoom for 2K video, and 2x zoom for 4K video.
Use DJI’s Mimo app and your iOS or Android smartphone to polish your footage with preset shooting patterns, camera motions, filters, and soundtracks. The app isn’t even required to add glamour effects and to do basic editing, and you can even set it to motion-lapse with a single touch. You can also live stream your video to the web using the app. Unlike a similarly sized smartphone, the candy bar-sized Pocket 2 offers intelligent functions like Story Mode, Active Track 3.0, hyper-lapse, panorama, and motion-lapse to create compelling creative effects. Choose between 180° and 3 x 3 panoramic shots to capture wide landscape vistas.
The DJI Pocket 2 Gimbal has a passive cooling system that quietly dissipates heat, and a rechargeable battery enables the camera to record up to 140 minutes. Included in the box are a cover, a mini control stick, a 1/4″-20 tripod mount, a wrist strap, a power cable, and USB Type-C and Lightning smartphone adapters. Additional accessories such as a wide-angle lens, “Do-it-All” handle, USB splitter, tripod, wireless microphone transmitter, charging case, phone clip, and waterproof case are available separately to round out your Pocket 2 experience.
- DJI Matrix Stereo technology records audio with so much real detail, it lets you relive the scene.
- Pocket 2 adjusts the direction of audio enhancement wherever the camera is pointing, so your subject is clearly heard. As the video zooms in, so does the audio, creating a more dynamic soundtrack.
- The Pocket 2 lets you record sound in three distinct sound patterns to suit the scene.
- The DJI MIMO app requires iOS 11.0 or above
- The DJI MIMO app requires Android 7.0 or above
In the Box
- DJI Pocket 2 Gimbal
- USB Type-C Smartphone Adapter
- Lightning (iOS) Smartphone Adapter
- Charging Cable
- Mini Control Stick
- 1/4″-20 Tripod Mount
- Wrist Strap
- Limited 1-Year Warranty for Camera, Handle, Charger
- Limited 6-Month Warranty for Battery (< 400 Charge Cycles).