The Shure SM7B is a vocal microphone with a smooth, flat, and wide-range frequency response appropriate for music and speech in professional audio applications. The mic’s specially engineered dynamic capsule provides a smooth, polished vocal sound with a rich response in the lower frequency registers, making the mic a favorite choice among broadcasters and podcasters.
It features a cardioid polar pattern, bass roll-off and midrange emphasis (presence boost) controls, and shielding against broadband interference. An internal air suspension shock isolation helps to eliminate mechanical noise transmission, and a yoke mount facilitates mounting and provides precise control of the mic position.
SM7B Samples from Audio Test Kitchen
- B&H is proud to be partnering with Audio Test Kitchen, the world’s most comprehensive online audio product comparison platform, to improve the resources provided to our customers shopping for the right microphone for their given application.
- This provides you with the ability to listen to a growing selection of microphones with spoken word recordings captured in a standardized environment, with levels matched by the talented engineers at Audio Test Kitchen in its impressive reference studio.
- Audio Test Kitchen records microphones under identical conditions so you can compare them, apples to apples. The source, signal chain, and level never change. The only differences you will hear are between the microphones.
Flat, Wide-Range Frequency Response
The flat-frequency response enhances the midrange and high frequencies that are associated with the human voice.
Rejection of Electromagnetic Hum
Improved rejection of electromagnetic hum—optimized for shielding against broadband interference emitted by computer monitors.
Air Suspension Shock Isolation
Internal air-suspension shock isolation virtually eliminates mechanical-noise transmission.
The detachable close-talk windscreen eliminates the need for any add-on protection against explosive breath sounds—even for close-up vocals or narration.
Cardioid Polar Pattern
The classic cardioid pick-up pattern is designed to reject off-axis audio, so you can sing or speak at a comfortable angle. And, it captures the sound with minimum coloration, isolating the signal source helps to reduce feedback issues.
In the Box
- Shure SM7B Vocal Microphone
- Swivel (Yoke Mount) Stand Adapter
- Shure A7WS Broadcast-Style Windscreen for SM7, SM7A, and SM7B
- Shure RPM602 Switch Cover Plate for SM7A and SM7B Broadcast Microphones
- Limited 2-Year Warranty